Community Budgets will create better public services by bringing together all local priorities and public money so agencies can find the right solutions to issues in their area in a new and co-ordinated way.
A Community Budget gives local public service partners the freedom to work together to redesign services around the needs of citizens, improving outcomes and reducing duplication and waste.
- A shared vision for Birmingham’s future and agreed strategic outcomes as laid out in the city’s sustainable community strategy, Vision 2026
- Prevention is better than cure – focus on stopping problems happening in the first place rather than having to deal withthe consequences
- Making funding decisions based on robust needs assessments and evidence of cost effectiveness
- Strong partnership working and sharing of resources across organisational boundaries
- Working with citizens to design and deliver better quality, better value services